my favorite song is you

by - July 19, 2020

"you with the volume turned up,"


I miss listening to songs with you.

I think songs are like one of the beautiful parts that associates itself to you in my view. The moments that has its own soundtrack, like that damn night of you in dark red, the car ride home, the way whenever we lepak there would always be songs, the rainy night we shared coffee as you play me your newly discovered songs, the playlist and songs you'd share with me, the way you yourself is making your own music... 
It plays a significant part in my life and I think, it's yours too. I can tell by the songs you've showed me, and how long you've listen to them, how much you know about them and it's one of the amazing features of my Sky. And it's inevitable that I can never escape the thought of you whenever I come across any song at all. I can't separate it as easy as pulling apart the opposing forces of the magnet once they've met. It didn't matter how much playlists I make to have my own songs, it always goes back to you. 
I hope it doesn't become my downfall, it'll break me. 

But I try to think about the more things I could create with you, and experience with you.
Like sharing earphones to listen to music together as we stand in the train, in the midst of all those bustling and rushing passengers,
Or going to concerts with you, watching the people we look up to perform their own work, knowing well that we'd both be the front-row hype-man, or just having you wrap your arm around me, chin on my head as we listen to them
The amount of sleepless nights we could spend dancing even after years of being together, or doing one of those throw back songs session to see how much we've grown and change
To more car rides playing each other's playlist and secretly becoming a thing in our family,
I'm getting more daydreams the more time spent apart from you.
Just one of the nights I let my thoughts and feelings for you take over.

yours truly,
rosy.

You May Also Like

0 comments