to whom it may concern pt. 1

by - June 07, 2024

"If you made it, please remember this."
I'll make a home someday, may be a bit cramped the first few years together but I could only look at him and smiled. Knowing that this was exactly how we imagined it years ago, knowing that it may not be much but it's enough. Like he said; "we'll carry each other." 
We'll be coming into our 30s together, wake up next to each other and begrudgingly getting ready for work, making a ready-to-go coffee before kissing each other goodbye. 
We'll come home to each other, with tiredness lingering in our mind and exhaustion swimming in our bones, and all we can look forward to is re-watching "How I Met Your Mother," with dinner on the floor and to be in the comfort of one another. We'll grow accustomed to these routines, to each other and only we can pray that it's a blessing.

I'll make a home someday; a safe place filled with comfort and tenderness, home-cooked meals were the best but on lazy days, we'd spoil ourselves with fast foods. The cabinets in the kitchen will probably be filled with lots of snacks due to his behavior of snacking, coffee was the scent of the home, and it's one of the best traits of the family. I'd share the world with them, bringing them along on a quick snack at McD late at night, getting on board a plane ticket to let them see it all for the first time, I'd give my whole world to them. I'll make sure to give them all the hugs and kisses at every chance, tucking them in beds and be there when they're going through a rough time, we'll try to be open with each other without hurting one another, I'll make a home something worth it to be called a home. I'll make a home someday; where no one would turn to violence nor uncontrollable rage.

You May Also Like

0 comments