A whole other world

by - July 19, 2020

"It is a serious thing just to be alive on this fresh morning in a broken world."

Meeting a lot of people in my life, having those relationship ruined over and over again, getting my heart crushed left me hopeless in trying to build connections with people. They proved themselves to only put on a mask and parade around the city and halls, painting themselves as saints, blind to their own flaws, pushing away the pain that they suffer and projecting it unto those who only holds kindness and tenderness in their hearts. So, it creates an endless cycle of broken people all over the world, spreading it to others without realizing.

It's a world filled with broken people and I have yet to meet those who are untouched with pain. 
 
But there are those who are filled with so much pain yet they didn't let it touch others. The pain contained in them, twisting and turning inside of them. They know how hurtful everything is, they know how damaging it is, they know how deep the scar runs, leaving it permanent within you, so they choose to only hold kindness and gentleness within their hearts for others. 
I've been blessed enough to meet great people like these, who holds endless stories and tragedies that left them hopeless in this world and it surprises me at how much they're doing to survive and to ensure that pain is worth it someday.

So I sat there, surrounded by strangers with only one soul that I know and loved so well by my side. The city lights that left me in awe, the good music that kept me moving and mumbling incoherent lyrics under my breath... I decided that these were the moments I live for. I've only met these great people only for what seemed like less than 24 hours, the feeling of being welcomed and invited into a whole other world reminded me of how good it felt to have friends again; something I didn't trust or believe in anymore. But to sit there, listening to these people's words, knowing the sides of them I never knew existed, having them give words of encouragement with conversations on heartbreak, religion, society and suicide itself was refreshing enough for me to realize that there was a whole world out there waiting for me to explore and encased them in words as anecdotes that could serve as an insight to others.

It was a privilege to be invited into one's world, knowing the people, listening to their words... I choose to keep this in my own words, knowing that I return to it someday to remind me of a life that I could have in my future. It was a different place, and I felt like a different person. Someone that I wanted to be, doing what I wanted to do and be with the one person I love so much. It felt like exactly what I wanted my life to look like. 

It made me hopeful of the future I'll have.

yours truly,
rosy


You May Also Like

0 comments