t i m e

by - December 20, 2019

"إنها الروح التي تتوق
It is the soul that yearns."
Have you ever wished you could turn back time?
Not to change anything but just to experience things again. 

I would wanna go back to the first night where our mind was clouded with the high, grabbing a hold of my hand. A night spent in silence with just our playlist echoing the air and our thoughts were safe with each other. 

I would wanna go back to the first time I said, "I love you." A risk I took without putting much thought into it. How I fell so swiftly and so deeply for you, clueless to whether you would hold me or let me shatter to pieces.

I would wanna go back to the time we drifted apart, thinking about you and sending emails filled with words that we would've never told another soul.

I would go back to the night where shades of black and red were the beginning of it all, just to have the chance to see you on the dance floor among the crowd, your laughter and joy outshines them all.

I would go back to the night you drove me home, hearts beating loudly, looking at you driving when the urge to hold your hand was killing me. And on my bed that night, I came to realize just how alive you made me felt.

Looking at us back then and now... 

From subtle touches, beautiful words, comfortable silence to feeling the weight of your ribs in the backseat of your mom's car, unspoken words, and the silence drowning the both of us.

I wouldn't change any part of it, nothing at all. Just to have those feelings, those words fill me again...How beautiful it felt to love someone as beautiful as you. I pray to God that you'd stay, so I could look back at it all and have a rush of warmth embracing me. These past few months, have been unbelievably breathtaking. Through all of the ugly moments, you held my hand so tight that even when I was hanging off the edge of the cliff, you pulled me up into your arms; saving me. Through all of those beautiful moments, your hand in mine, and lips spewing out only such lovely words, and you held me as long and as close as you could. Through all of those mediocre moments, your fingers tracing the lines of my palm, smiles among one another and appreciating your existence, you loved me. 

You cared for me back then, you always did.
You love me endlessly these days, I can feel it.
You look forward to the future we share together, I can see it.

The time spent with you is the only thing I yearned for, 
If it is God's will, we'll love, take care of each other infinitely.

yours truly,
rosy cheeks.


You May Also Like

0 comments